MEMS Congress includes panel on MEMS in automotive
MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2013, to be held March 12, 2013 at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, will feature a panel discussion on MEMS (micro electromechanical systems) in automotive sponsored by Polytec GmbH.
Marc Osajda, global automotive strategy manager, Sensor and Actuator Solution Division (SASD), Freescale Semiconductor, will moderate the discussion. Speakers scheduled to participate include:
- Frédéric Breussin, business unit manager, MEMS & Sensors, Yole Développement
- Pietro Perlo, vice president, Torino E-District, Interactive Fully Electrical Vehicles (IFEVS)
- Jan Peter Stadler, senior vice president of engineering sensors, Automotive Electronics Division, Robert Bosch GmbH
The panel will address topics such as:
- What role will MEMS play in the growth of the automotive industry?
- How is MEMS changing the ‘car of the future?’ Will it have zero emissions? When will see driver-less cars? And will projection head-up displays be the next big thing?
- How will infrared MEMS temperature sensors, microbolometers and pico projectors alter automotive technology?
- How is MEMS sensor fusion enabling new consumer-driven features in the car, including stability control, navigation and intelligent park assist?
Ralf Schnupp, Continental Automotive GmbH vice president, Segment Occupant Safety & Inertial Sensors, will deliver the keynote address at the conference on “Future Trends in Automotive — Smart Systems and Sensors.”
MEMS has been critical to advancements in the automotive industry for decades, starting with accelerometers in airbag crash sensors and expanding to other automotive safety and environmental control applications. Today MEMS is opening a whole new world of safety, performance and energy-efficiency features in automotive. We are moving toward cars that drive themselves, zero-emission vehicles, and automobiles that meet the ubiquitous connectivity needs of today’s consumer.
For information or to register for the MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2013, visit https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/46261
Other posts you may be interested in reading: