Johnson Controls electronic cockpit includes DLP display
“The electronic reconfigurable cockpit demonstrates the fusion of advanced developments in driver information with future infotainment platforms utilizing our visionary human machine interface (HMI) process,” said Paul Lambert, group vice president and general manager, Electronics for Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics and Interiors. “The design and technology components of this cockpit exceed our customers’ technical requirements through its design and craftsmanship.”
With a seamless integration of information on 3-D surfaces in the cluster and center-stack, the electronic cockpit also features:
- A reconfigurable cluster combined with heads-up display concept utilizing one Digital Light Processing (DLP) picture generating unit.
- DLP head-up display with wide field of view that provides improved readability due to high resolution, contrast and brightness of the system.
- DLP-based projected center information display with a 2-D touch and gesture control based on infrared technology.
- Flexibility for automakers in the design and craftsmanship of cockpit interiors and electronics displays on 3-D surfaces with seamless integration.
- An enhanced driver experience that allows the driver to seamlessly distribute information between the instrument cluster, center stack and head-up displays.
Other posts you may be interested in reading: