HARMAN International Uses Alfamation Solutions for Infotainment and Audio Manufacturing Testing
August 4, 2014 by John Day
Alfamation announced at NIWeek 2014 that HARMAN International Industries, Inc. will use Alfamation Supernova Test Application Framework Software as a standard for infotainment and audio manufacturing test systems.
HARMAN engineers can create and manage diverse test cases using Alfamation SuperNova Test Application Framework, a fully integrated test environment built on National Instruments TestStand test management software engine.
“Manufacturing test plays a key role in ensuring that all HARMAN infotainment systems can rapidly adapt to product evolutions and meet the high standards our customers have come to expect,” said said Ehab Beshay, sr. manager AME test engineering, at HARMAN International Industries, Inc. “Alfamation has provided PXI-based functional test equipment for us globally and has displayed domain knowledge, innovation, and quality of service.”
Infotainment Test Challenges
HARMAN embedded infotainment solutions offer complete information, entertainment and communications capabilities – including route navigation, multimedia integration, connectivity, cloud services and advanced driver assistance systems. With these increased capabilities come increased test challenges, including the ability to measure the variety of signals present on the infotainment solution such as audio, visual, GPS and RF.
A Configurable Solution for Diverse Test Cases
Using SuperNova, engineers can rapidly and effectively implement diverse test cases on a wide variety of multi-socket test equipment, mostly by configuration and in a structured way.
SuperNova also features separate contexts for system resources configuration, test application development and test process configuration:
- Define test process profiles according to the given test process (e.g. manual, automated, with/without results printout, cyclic test, with/without MES interfacing) independently from the test application through the test process configuration domain
- Runs various multi-socket test applications in parallel on the same system
- Interfaces natively to different release management systems like Perforce and SVN, thus providing all software configuration changes under control
- Product variants can be easily and quickly managed though an integrated table-based product variants manager in the test application development context
- Multilanguage support for English, Chinese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Magyar
Alfamation will demonstrate its technology at NIWeek 2014, August 4 – 7 at the Austin Convention Center. Products on display include:
- SuperNova Test Application Framework- Fully integrated test environment
- FlexMedia A Series – Multimedia link test for infotainment
- FlexMediaV Series – High-speed video test instruments
Download a full white paper and data sheet at: www.alfamationglobal.com/products/5/SuperNova-Test-Software.html.