Connected IVI Global Summit in London Sept. 25-26
For detailed program information or to register visit http://www.connected-in-vehicle-infotainment-2013.com/program/
The GSMA recently predicted that the majority of new cars will have some form of connectivity by 2025, driven largely by the rapid growth of embedded mobile technologies and the European Commission’s in-vehicle emergency call services requirement.
While the European Commission has selected ‘embedded mobile’ for eCall, the debate continues as to the best approach for connecting vehicles to off-board services. Is there an all-round best approach? If not, what mix of connectivity may work best in the future?
With these questions in mind, the Connected In-Vehicle Infotainment Global Summit (25-26 September) has been designed as an interactive, OEM-led forum to connect carmakers with stakeholders in mobile industries to explore opportunities for creating commercially viable business models that satisfy customers’ demands for in-vehicle connectivity and provide an acceptable ROI.
Smart device integration – Jaguar Land Rover
Frank McCullough, Electrical Research Technology Delivery Manager – Infotainment & Telematics, Jaguar Land Rover will discuss smart device integration and developments with transferring information seamlessly between current and future devices.
NVIDIA will also contribute to the session to provide critical assessment of how to bridge the gap between development cycles.
Later, Rob van den Berg, Navigation Technical Specialist, Jaguar Land Rover will address efforts to enable fully embedded connectivity as well as the different SIM and modem options available to achieve this.
2013 Speaker Faculty includes:
- Simon Euringer, Head of ConnectedDrive, BMW
- David Earle, Head of Automotive Systems, McLaren
- Johannes Heichel, Manager of Product Planning R&D Centre, Hyundai Motor Europe
- David Simcox, Program Manager, In-Vehicle & SYNC IT Europe, Ford
- Frank McCullough, Electrical Research Technology Delivery Manager – Infotainment & Telematics, Jaguar Land Rover
- Eva Buschkrei, International Business Integration Manager for Audi Connect, Audi
- Ian Kendall, Manager – Infotainment, Bentley
- Alan Bennett, Chief Engineer Electrical & Electronics, Aston Martin
- Peter Virk, Infotainment Technical Specialist – Apps, CE & Connected Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
- Pascal de Mul, Global Head of Hardware Partnerships, Spotify
- Michael Prichard, Founder & CTO, WillowTree Apps
- Gautier Falconnet, Vice President, Car Connectivity Consortium
- Pavan Mathew, Global Head of Automotive Telematics, Telefónica
- Stephane Petti, Automotive Business Development Director, International M2M Center, Orange Business Services
- Eugene Tsyrklevich, CEO, Parkopedia
- Rob van der Berg, Navigation Technical Specialist, Jaguar Land Rover
- Margareta Löfvenholm, Feature Specialist Driver Interface HMI, Volvo Trucks
- Duncan Robertson, APC Research Department – Ergonomist / HMI Specialist,Jaguar Land Rover
- Phillip Proctor, Principal Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Advisor, Highways Agency
- Pawel Stelmaszczyk, Director General of Mobility & Transport, European Commission
- Prof. Uwe Baumgarten, Technical Institute of Munich
- Dr. Mark Searle, Vice President of Development, Symphony Teleca
- Shane Rooney, Executive Director – Smart Cities, Transport & mAutomotive,GSMA