Audiovox launches plug-in OBD-II monitoring device
Audiovox Electronics Corporation said its Car Connection™ telematics device lets consumers monitor their driving habits and their vehicle’s health.
Car Connection features include:
- Driver Scoring Monitor.
- Fuel Savings Monitor based on daily driving habits (generates reports and gives fuel saving tips).
- Online or smartphone Vehicle Location tracking (notice if a car has been moved or towed).
- Android or Blackberry app to restrict driver phone use.
- Safety Zones (boundaries for teenagers or aging drivers).
- Vehicle Health.
- Lot Spot™ (location of parked vehicles).
Agnik will supply the vehicle analytic data that resides in the $169.99 module, Omnilink will provide the online interface, and Sprint (sprint.com) the wireless access. An online account with Omnilink is required to activate all the Car Connection features. Plans start at $9.95 per month. Optional ZoomSafer software is required for managing driver phone use.
For additional information, visit www.audiovoxproducts.com.
Other posts you may be interested in reading: